Courses offered by SAMATVA YOGALAYA
- Top 5 Qualities to look for in Yoga Teacher Training
- Benefits of Small Class Size for Yoga Teacher Training
- Important Qualities of a Yoga Student Undertaking Yoga Teacher Training
- Yoga Teacher Training in Small Groups is Advantageous
- 7 Top Qualities a Yoga Teacher Must Strive
- Tips on How to Prepare for Yoga Teacher Training
- 5 Reasons Why You Need to do Yoga Teacher Training
- Yoga Asana For Lower Back Pain
- Self Discovery Through Yogic Path
- How do you Know Yoga Teacher Training is Right for You?
- Some Things to Consider Before you Take-up Yoga Teacher Training ?
- Inspiring Yoga Teacher
- Why Cultivate Yogic Diet ?
- Yoga Ashram Retreats
- How to Balance Your Dosha
Why Cultivate Yogic Diet ?
As part of yoga teachers training you will learn all about the satvik diet and how the various foods affect us is all part of the learning process. Food is important as it sustains life but how much food is considered enough? What kinds of food should be eaten to sustain the body and the mind? According to yoga a vegetarian diet preferably consisting of fruit and vegetables is the healthiest diet.
You need to Understand that the Yoga Diet
As a yoga practitioner you need to understand that the yoga diet has proved to be one that builds the body and keeps it healthy. The correct kind of food eaten in the correct quantity nourishes not just the body but the mind and the emotions too. In India it has always been believed that what you eat reflects your personality. This is why in yoga food is an important part of yogic practice as important as asana, pranayam and meditation.
What kinds of food help in Spiritual Development
Yogic food is vegetarian because those are the foods that keep the body light and the mind clear to pursue spiritual growth. The traditional Ayurvedic diet is composed of different diets based on different constitutions. However, the great sages of yoga believed that the yogic practitioner is capable of selecting those foods that are needed by the body. In keeping with the yogic belief of non-violence and also the belief that non-vegetarian food hinders clear thinking, non-vegetarian diet is shunned.
Since all yoga traditions, across the spectrum, believe that food is very much a part of yogic philosophy as a yoga teacher you too must understand what kinds of food help in spiritual development besides keeping both the body and mind healthy. What you eat will impact how well you do at your yoga practice as food feeds the mind as well as the spirit.