Yoga Alliance: RYT 500 Hour Teacher Training & Certification Courses in Rishikesh, India
Ryt 500-hour Yoga Alliance certification, residential and affordable hatha yoga teacher training in India at yoga school Samatva Yogalaya - Rishikesh. This is an intensive yoga course based on traditional hatha yoga designed for beginners and intermediate and advanced level yoga practitioners. Are you searching for an advanced yoga teacher training course to enhance your yoga teaching skills? If so then register with Samatva Yogalaya, Rishikesh for 500-hour yoga teacher training in India. The 500-hour yoga teacher training course (Y-TTC) is conducted according to the standards prescribed by Yoga Alliance with which Samatva Yogalaya is registered. After completing the 500 hour yoga teacher training you can register as an advanced yoga teacher or RYT 500 with Yoga Alliance.
Style of Yoga
500-Hour Yoga Alliance Certification - RYT 500
The 500 hour yoga teacher training in India is challenging because it equips yoga teachers with expertise in hatha and ashtanga yoga practices, which includes physical as well as theoretical knowledge of yoga.The 500-hour course is a perfect choice for those of you, who wish to complete your entire yoga teacher training in one go. You will not only deepen your personal practice but will be fully prepared to teach yoga to beginners and those who are undertaking the 200 hour TTC. Besides being suitable for those who wish to become highly skilled yoga teachers the 500-hour yoga teacher training is also meant for individuals who want to improve their personal yoga and meditation techniques or those who wish to improve their physical, mental and spiritual well-being.
Our school is nestled peacefully among the trees between Laxman Jhula and Ram Jhula offering a relaxing atmosphere for our yoga students. Our state of the art facilities include hot water, WiFi, yoga hall, a dining hall and accommodations on site. For all yoga students private room and meals are included in your tuition. Rooms will be allocated according to booking order, hosting 8 students in the school building first and after all places have been taken, in the guest house located two minutes walking distance off of the main campus. If you are interested in discounted rates and don't mind sharing a room with a friend or fellow student please inquire about options as we may be able to provide a discounted tuition.
500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Fee - Inclusions:
- Course material
- Yoga mat
- Single/private room
- Three nutritious vegetarian meals
- Pickup from Dehradun airport
- Outdoor activities on Sundays
- Internationally certified yoga teacher training in India registered with Yoga Alliance, USA.
- Yoga teacher training in Rishikesh, also known as yoga capital of the world.
- Yoga teacher training course specially designed for beginners, intermediate and advanced level yoga students.
- An intensive yoga teacher training course taught by yoga teachers who are firmly rooted in tradition yet contemporary in their vision & communication.
- Inexpensive yoga teacher training in India - $ 3300 USD including food & accommodation (private room with attached bath).
- Residential facility midst ashram surroundings yet not far from the city.
- Loving and caring support team.
- Opportunity to experience Indian culture and tradition.
(According to the Yoga Alliance
- Introduction of Yoga, its meaning and definitions from various authentic scriptures(Aagama). Gradual development in yoga.
- Difference between exercise and yoga.
- Brief introduction of yoga and Sankhya philosophy.
- Ashtanga yoga – mainly yama, niyama, asana and pranayama.
- Human anatomy and Physiology in respect to yogic practices.
- Teaching methodology – ethics, qualities and characteristics of yoga teacher.
- How to learn yoga instead of how to teach. Class management.
- Elaboration of origin and expression of yoga per Bhagavad Gita, Patanjali yoga sutra and different schools of Yoga.
- Important concept of Hatha Pradipika Place of practice, Diet, constructive and destructive aspects. Asana-various types , technique and benefits. Kriyas(cleansing process)-types, technique, effects on psychic level and benefits (physical and psychological cleansing). Mudra and bandhas-various types, technique and benefits.
- Important concept of Patanjal Yoga Sutra. Yoga as a discipline. Concept of chitta and its vrittis. Abhyasa and Vairagya. Factors those accelerate yogic Sadhana. Concept of Ishvara and Ishvarapranidhana.Chitta-vikshepa/Antaraya. Methods of chittaprasadana. KriyaYoga.Concept of kleshas.Yogic view of pain and suffering. Bahiranga Yoga (Yama, Niyama, Asana and Pranayama). Antaranga Yoga (Dharana, Dhyana and Samadhi).
- Yoga therapy- common psychosomatic diseases and their Yogic management through diet, asana, pranayama and life style.
- Emphasis on neuromusculo- glandular system.
- Yoga Nidra.
|05:30 am - Wake Up|
|06:00 am - Herbal Tea|
|06:15 am - Shatkarma/Yogic cleansing|
|06:30 am - Pranayama and Chanting|
|07:30 am - Yoga Therapy| Yoga Asana|
|09:00 am - Breakfast|
|10:30 am - Yoga Therapy|
|11:30 am - Yoga Philosophy|
|12:30 pm - Lunch|
|03:30 pm - Yoga Anatomy|
|04:30 pm - Yoga Breathing | Yoga Nidra|
|05:00 pm - Hatha/Ashtanga Yoga Asana|
|06:45 pm - Pranayama | Meditation|
|07:15 pm - Dinner|
|10:45 pm - Lights Out|
500 Hour Residential Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh
The 500-hour yoga teacher training is structured to reinforce and advance your basic learning and practice of yoga. This is a highly professional level of training as it prepares yoga teachers at an advanced level. By the time you complete the course you will have gained immense information and become familiar with traditional ashtanga and hatha yoga practices. You will realise you have:
- much better understanding of the history and background of yoga asana and yogic philosophy
- sufficient knowledge of anatomy and physiology to enable you toidentify body types and customise yogic practice for individual needs
- heightened awareness of meditation techniques that will help you guide your students into proper meditation
- improved knowledge of how nutrition and diet affect both the body and mind
- better comprehension of the guidelines that will enable you to maintain a good student-teacher relationship
Samatva Yogalaya also offers separate 200-hour, 300-hour yoga teacher training courses and a combined 200 and 300-hour yoga teacher training which is conducted in one go and is called 500-hour yoga teacher training.
Yoga cannot be more refreshing and more fulfilling than at Samatva Yogalaya, Rishikesh. With teachers like Krishna Sikhwal you will only gain in your experience and practice as a yoga teacher of the true Indian tradition. You will learn classical or traditional Hatha & Ashtanga Yoga which are the yoga forms taught at Samatva Yogalaya.
Aims & Objective 500-Hour Yoga Teacher Training India
The comprehensive course will familiarize you with the tenets of yoga philosophy and history, will help you intensify and master yoga asanas in tandem with their effect on anatomy. You will observe daily pranayama and meditation along with chanting so you understand their strengthening and balancing properties. Bring you an understanding of yogic discipline, diet and cleansing rituals and you will be taught how to go about becoming a good yoga teacher.
- Assessments will be based on written as well as practical evaluation.
- Student conduct will be a part of the assessment criterion.
- Evaluation will be carried out only for those students who have a minimum of 90% attendance.
- Samatva Yogalaya adopts the ancient approach to yoga to inculcate in each student the wisdom that yoga manifests. Teaching and learning is therefore designed in such a way that ethical practices are ingrained automatically in the students at the Yogalaya.
- The day begins with the daily regimen (Dincharya) and ancient code of conduct. Activities are planned according to seasonal code of conduct (Ritucharya). The concept of behavior chemistry (Achar- rasayan) is the concept that students are expected to imbibe.
- Maharishi Patanjali prescribed certain rules of how a person is expected to act in society (Yama) and how personal code and conduct (Niyama) is the expected and essential behavior for individuals to follow. We at the Samatva Yogalaya expect this behavior terminology to be understood and practiced sincerely and honestly by all students to the best extent possible.
- Before students register for the yoga teacher training they must be aware that this traditional teaching will differ from that of the west. There could even be a fundamental difference in the understanding of the yogic path as that which is taught in the yoga schools in the west.
- Modified exercises that go by the name of yoga are frowned upon by Samatva Yogalaya and so only those students must apply for the course who are willing to commit to the strict regimen of the school.
- Discipline is an integral part of the training program and so the course routine must be strictly observed.
- Disrespect to rules and regulations could result in termination of studentship with no refund of fee.
- Absenting oneself from the scheduled program without prior permission of the teacher or manager concerned would be construed as a gross breach of discipline.
- A student must intimate in advance if they intend to forgo a meal so that there is no wastage of food.
- The school does not make arrangements for guests of students. Any activity that is not related to the course is not permitted.
- Ensure you are on time for class or you will not be permitted to enter any class once it has commenced.
- Before departure from the school, students must payy all dues and return all library books.
- Smoking and alcohol are not permitted during the training.
All aspirants are advised to carefully consider the time and resources required for the course before forwarding the application for the teacher training course. The deposit submitted with the application is not refundable. However, in case of emergencies and other unavoidable exigencies management of Samatva Yogalaya at its discretion permits students to go for any other forthcomimg course. We therefore recommend that all applicants carefully examine their upcoming obligations so that they may be able to devote their full attention to the teacher training program.
500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training - 2022 (Schedule & Fee)
- 07 Mar 2022 to 06 May 2022
- 16 May 2022 to 15 Jul 2022
- 25 Jul 2022 to 23 Sep 2022
- 03 Oct 2022 to 02 Dec 2022
- 12 Dec 2022 to 10 Feb 2023
500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Review by S Ryan O’Connor
The Best Yoga School in Rishikesh!
The experience I had at Samatva Yogalaya was none other than life-changing.
I completed the 500 hour Yoga Teacher Training with Krishnaji and Sangeeta Sikhwal, May-July 2018. As practitioners themselves, they teach from experience. Krishnaji’s philosophy and anatomy & physiology classes give the opportunity to grasp deep concepts in a practical way that assists in one’s journey towards self-awareness and self-mastery.
Learning about one’s spiritual journey in a “classroom” setting, and its firm roots in science and scientific techniques, both modern and ancient, blew my mind on a daily basis.
The Asana practice is deliberate and challenging. You learn how to progress your self-practice in a safe and consistent way, so that you can continue far after leaving the school.
Practicing various forms of pranayama, various forms for meditation, the kriyas, Yoga Nidra, and much more, you get the full spectrum of Hatha Yoga, again taught by practitioners.
Every meal is prepared fresh by a local chef, and is AMAZING.
At Samatva, you are apart of the family. They truly care about you and your growth.
Samatva Yogalaya will be forever home of mine. I plan to return.