Yoga Alliance: RYT 200 Hour Teacher Training & Certification in India
Samatva Yogalaya, a residential yoga school in Rishikesh, offers 200-hour yoga teacher training in India.
This intensive course lays a good foundation in Hatha and ashtanga yoga. It is also your first step towards becoming an effective and certified yoga teacher.
Besides making you adept as a yoga teacher the course also will lead you towards personal transformation.
Eligibility & Yoga Alliance Certification
This introductory teacher training course for 200 hours is designed for beginners with basic knowledge of yoga and also for intermediate level yoga practitioners.
On successful completion of the course, you will be able to register as a trained yoga teacher with Yoga Alliance with RYT 200 designation.
Style of Yoga
200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training in India
Samatva Yogalaya’s 200 hour yoga teacher training course aka YTTC or TTC lays a good foundation in hatha and ashtanga yoga. It is also your first step towards becoming an effective and certified yoga teacher. Besides making you adept as a yoga teacher the course also will lead you towards personal transformation. On successful completion of the course you will be able to register as a trained yoga teacher with Yoga Alliance - RYT 200.
200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Fee - Inclusions:
- Course material
- Yoga mat
- Single/private room
- Three nutritious vegetarian meals
- Pickup from Dehradun airport
- Outdoor activities on Sundays
- The Physical body
- The Vital body (Pranamayakos)
- The Mental body ( Manomayakos)
- The Consciousness body (Vigyanmayakos)
- The Spiritual body (Anandmayakos)
At Samatva Yoogalaya, we teach you to practice yoga on two levels, that is, the Physical body and the Vital body. The simple equation we work on is not difficult to understand. Physical body + Vital body = Mental body which means that when we work on the Physical body and the Vital body together then we automatically begin the process that brings healing to the Mental body.
200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh
The 200 hour Teacher Training Course conducted at Samatva Yogalaya is purely residential and has a safe environment. The traditional hatha & ashtanga yoga practice in a residential environment will give you the experience of true yogic life. It will also bring you in touch with some of the best yoga instructors in and out of the classroom. The instructors have passion for and vast experience in yoga techniques and philosophy. They are ever ready and willing to impart their knowledge and facilitate your learning process.
The course is designed according to the standards set by Yoga Alliance but at Samatva Yogalaya our approach is to also incorporate all those elements that can help each individual trainee teacher maximise their potential. You might come here with the idea of deepening your physical practice but you will find complete integration which will in turn make you a better teacher.
Yoga cannot be more refreshing and more fulfilling than at Samatva Yogalaya, Rishikesh. With teachers like Krishna Sikhwal you will only gain in your experience and practice as a yoga teacher of the true Indian tradition. You will learn classical or traditional Hatha & Ashtanga Yoga which are the yoga forms taught at Samatva Yogalaya.
- Introduction of Yoga, its meaning and definitions from various authentic scriptures(Aagama). Gradual development in yoga.
- Difference between exercise and yoga.
- Brief introduction of yoga and Sankhya philosophy.
- Ashtanga yoga – mainly yama, niyama, asana and pranayama.
- Human anatomy and physiology in respect to various yogic practices.
- Teaching methodology – ethics, qualities and characteristics of yoga teacher.
- How to learn yoga instead of how to teach.
- Class management.
(According to the Yoga Alliance Guidelines – some of these hours are contact hours and others are self-study).
|05:30 am||Wake Up|
|06:00 am||Herbal Tea|
|06:15 am||Shatkarma/Yogic cleansing|
|06:30 am||Pranayama and Chanting|
|07:30 am||Yoga Therapy| Yoga Asana|
|10:30 am||Yoga Therapy|
|11:30 am||Yoga Philosophy|
|03:30 pm||Yoga Anatomy|
|04:30 pm||Yoga Breathing | Yoga Nidra|
|05:00 pm||Hatha/Ashtanga Yoga Asana|
|06:45 pm||Pranayama | Meditation|
|10:45 pm||Lights Out|
- Internationally certified yoga teacher training in India registered with Yoga Alliance, USA.
- Yoga teacher training in Rishikesh, also known as yoga capital of the world.
- Yoga teacher training course specially designed for beginners, intermediate and advanced level yoga students.
- An intensive yoga teacher training course taught by yoga teachers who are firmly rooted in tradition yet contemporary in their vision & communication.
- Inexpensive yoga teacher training in India - $ 1600 USD including food & accommodation (private room with attached bath).
- Residential facility midst ashram surroundings yet not far from the city.
- Loving and caring support team.
- Opportunity to experience Indian culture and tradition.
Aims & Objective 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training India
The comprehensive course will familiarize you with the tenets of yoga philosophy and history, will help you intensify and master yoga asanas in tandem with their effect on anatomy. You will observe daily pranayama and meditation along with chanting so you understand their strengthening and balancing properties. Bring you an understanding of yogic discipline, diet and cleansing rituals and you will be taught how to go about becoming a good yoga teacher.
- Assessments will be based on written as well as practical evaluation.
- Student conduct will be a part of the assessment criterion.
- Evaluation will be carried out only for those students who have a minimum of 90% attendance.
- Samatva Yogalaya adopts the ancient approach to yoga to inculcate in each student the wisdom that yoga manifests. Teaching and learning is therefore designed in such a way that ethical practices are ingrained automatically in the students at the Yogalaya.
- The day begins with the daily regimen (Dincharya) and ancient code of conduct. Activities are planned according to seasonal code of conduct (Ritucharya). The concept of behavior chemistry (Achar- rasayan) is the concept that students are expected to imbibe.
- Maharishi Patanjali prescribed certain rules of how a person is expected to act in society (Yama) and how personal code and conduct (Niyama) is the expected and essential behavior for individuals to follow. We at the Samatva Yogalaya expect this behavior terminology to be understood and practiced sincerely and honestly by all students to the best extent possible.
- Before students register for the yoga teacher training they must be aware that this traditional teaching will differ from that of the west. There could even be a fundamental difference in the understanding of the yogic path as that which is taught in the yoga schools in the west.
- Modified exercises that go by the name of yoga are frowned upon by Samatva Yogalaya and so only those students must apply for the course who are willing to commit to the strict regimen of the school.
- Discipline is an integral part of the training program and so the course routine must be strictly observed.
- Disrespect to rules and regulations could result in termination of studentship with no refund of fee.
- Absenting oneself from the scheduled program without prior permission of the teacher or manager concerned would be construed as a gross breach of discipline.
- A student must intimate in advance if they intend to forgo a meal so that there is no wastage of food.
- The school does not make arrangements for guests of students. Any activity that is not related to the course is not permitted.
- Ensure you are on time for class or you will not be permitted to enter any class once it has commenced.
- Before departure from the school, students must payy all dues and return all library books.
- Smoking and alcohol are not permitted during the training.
All aspirants are advised to carefully consider the time and resources required for the course before forwarding the application for the teacher training course. The deposit submitted with the application is not refundable. However, in case of emergencies and other unavoidable exigencies management of Samatva Yogalaya at its discretion permits students to go for any other forthcomimg course. We therefore recommend that all applicants carefully examine their upcoming obligations so that they may be able to devote their full attention to the teacher training program.
200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Review by Shannon Maraghy
One of the Best Experiences of My Life
It’s been a month since I finished a life-changing 200-hour yoga teacher training at Samatva Yogalaya, so I’ve had some time to integrate the experience into my “real life.” I am so grateful to Krishna, all the staff and the other participants. It’s actually hard for me to find the words to express how much the experience meant to me and how it keeps unfolding for me. Since the training ended, I’ve been teaching small yoga/meditation sessions once a week in order to keep on developing as a teacher. That’s how empowering a program it is.
I went to Samatva Yogalaya to deepen my asana practice and explore the possibility of becoming a yoga teacher, but what I found was much more profound: inner strength, contentment and peace--and I didn’t know that I’d been looking for those things exactly. But the dincharya (daily routine) was so grounding--up at 6 a.m., herbal tea, neti pot, pranayama, asana, breakfast, yoga philosophy, self study of yoga scriptures, lunch, anatomy/physiology, more asana, dinner, meditation, lights out at 9. It was REALLY good for my soul. It actually made me into a morning person. And since the program has ended, I have continued independently with much of what I learned. The yogic routine has built me a strong foundation for emotional stability, mental clarity and personal power/vision/creativity.
Also, I learned SO much--from each of the different classes. Krishna is among the best asana teachers I’ve had the pleasure to learn from (and I’ve been taking yoga classes off and on for over 15 years.) He is super knowledgeable and knows exactly how to adjust students in each pose to let you get maximum benefit. Plus, small class sizes meant that each student got a lot of attention and correction. I also learned an incredible amount from the classroom sessions and from reading yoga scriptures, as well as from the experiences of researching and giving a presentation (I chose the topic of ayurveda), as well as teaching an asana class in the final week.
What else? The pranayama was powerful--a beautiful way to greet the day, wake up and energize. And I swear my complexion glows now from daily kapalbhati. The chanting was charming. I still chant every day, and now I’m so interested in Sanskrit. The food was hygienic (not something that you should take for granted in India) and really yummy and varied. We got fresh fruit and salad every day, as well as many mouth-watering dishes seasoned with fresh herbs. (I’m vegan and they always made sure to tell me if a dish had dairy in it and provide a dairy-free option, which was so considerate.) The bonding with the other students was unforgettable. But most of all, Krishna and his wife Sangeeta are true practitioners of yoga. They emphasize that yoga is not just something that is done on a mat. Rather, it is a 24-hour-a-day lifestyle. And their words are not hollow. They live it. The humility and authenticity that they display had a powerful effect on me. They inspired me to want to practice as well as I could, learn as much as possible, and keep on living it even after the program ended. Plus, they welcomed us like family. I felt their care and respect and returned it. It was indeed a very special environment to get to live in for one month. I really hope to be able to return to do the 300-hour with them…
I found this program because, luckily for me, a friend had gone through it and recommended it. I was really glad because I found it hard to find an actual, good school in India just by looking online. A lot of other schools reviews looked fake; there are a lot of schools that have sprung up to cash in on the yoga trend and make money without offering authentic, high-quality training. I am so very glad to have found Samatva Yogalaya. The experience was so wonderful. It was just what I needed. I would recommend the program to anyone—those who want to deepen their practice, start teaching or deepen their teaching. Namaste. <3